5 Proven benefits of Peppermint Oil*
- Peppermint oil is used to relieve skin irritation and itchiness and also helps to reduce skin redness, where inflammation is present.
- Menthol provides effective relief from many respiratory problems including nasal congestion, sinusitis, and the common cold and cough
- Peppermint oil is used in shampoos, cleansers, bath products, makeup, and lotions.
- Due to its refreshing qualities, peppermint is able to provide relief from stress, depression, and mental exhaustion.
- Peppermint oil powerfully affects and improves mental clarity and raises energy levels.
Does peppermint oil work for hair growth?
A study published in Toxicological ResearchTrusted Source suggests that a peppermint oil solution promotes hair growth. The peppermint oil used performed better than minoxidil, which is a hair growth product approved by United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA).Menthol, the main component in peppermint oil, has been shown to increase blood flow to the area where it is applied.
Does peppermint oil get rid of rats?
Peppermint oil can be effective in preventing rodents. A quick and easy way to deter these pests is to soak cotton balls in peppermint oil and place them strategically around the house.
Direction for usage
- Put 1-2 drops on hanky/wrist/cotton balls.
- Add 8-10 drops in warm water bucket.
- Use 5-6 drops in the diffuser.
- Dilute 1-2 drops and apply on the desired area. Can add in any creme/lotion for cosmetic application.
- Dilute 8-10 drops, massage problem area/whole body.
Delivery and Return Policy
- Standard Delivery: 2-3 working days
- Customer support is available for any queries or feedback. Dial – 01254 369 101
About Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil is a very popular essential oil that comes from the mint family and it comes from the peppermint herb that is native to North America and Europe. It is known to be an aromatic and stimulating oil. Peppermint essential oil is used for its mood-altering and powerful properties. It is helpful in promoting mental clarity and mental function, especially when peppermint essential oil is inhaled by breathing it directly from the bottle. Peppermint has a fresh and invigorating scent that stimulates the mind and improves concentration. It is a great oil to use to calm aching muscles and is also great to use on skin to help soothe irritation and itching.
Analgesic, antiseptic, antigalactagogue, antispasmodic, astringent, carminative, cordial, febrifuge, hepatic, nervine, stimulant, nervine, stomachic, vermifuge.
Very potent and not to be used on sensitive skin. As with all essential oils, they should not be used during pregnancy and never ingested (taken internally) and should be kept away from children and pets. You should consult your physician before using it for medicinal purposes
Data Source: Healthline