Lemon grass essential oil is fast growing aromatic grass which is mostly cultivated in warm temperate region. Lemon grass is generally called barbed wire grass, silky heads, tanglad etc. Lemon grass oil is a type of essential oil which is extracted from grasses of lemon through steam distillation method. Lemon grass oil varies from dark yellow to amber to reddish in color. Traditional Indian medicine has used Lemongrass Essential Oil to treat infectious illness and fever.
Benefits of using lemon grass essential oil
- It is used to rejuvenate body cells, clear headaches and helps fight nervous exhaustion and stress related conditions.
- Lemongrass is antibacterial and anti-fungal. It’s very cleansing, makes a good skin toner to clean out pores.
- Lemongrass essential oil is a popular tool in aromatherapy to help relieve stress, anxiety, and depression.
- By inhalation, the essential oil of lemongrass is used as aromatherapy for muscle pain.
- In manufacturing, lemongrass is used as a fragrance in soaps and cosmetics.
Antiseptic, antibiotic, stimulating, refreshing, stimulating.
DIRECTION TO USE IT:
Put 1-2 drops on hanky/wrist/cotton balls.
Add 8-10 drops in warm water bucket.
Use 5-6 drops in the diffuser.
Dilute 1-2 drops and apply on the desired area. Can add in any crème/lotion for cosmetic application.
Dilute 8-10 drops, massage problem area/whole body.
Very potent and not to be used on sensitive skin. As with all essential oils, they should not be used during pregnancy and never ingested (taken internally) and should be kept away from children and pets. You should consult your physician before using it for medicinal purposes