Benefits Natural Ashwagandha Root Extract Powder
- It helps to reduce blood sugar levels. Ashwagandha contains many different properties that can help with this. A study was done to see the effect of ashwagandha on people with diabetes. The study showed that it significantly reduced blood sugar levels. This is because ashwagandha can improve insulin sensitivity in muscle cells.
- It helps to reduce stress and anxiety. Stress and anxiety are very common and people take various different medicines to try and treat this. But ashwagandha can help reduce it. Several studies have shown that consuming ashwagandha can help to reduce symptoms of stress and anxiety as it can help to calm you.
- It can help to improve muscle mass in men. All men want to try and improve their strength. Whether that is by going to the gym or eating healthy foods. Ashwagandha has been known to improve strength and muscle mass in men because it can help to reduce inflammation by increasing antioxidant activity in your body, helping to counter the damaging effects of sustained, high-intensity exercise. It too has the added benefit of also improving muscle growth to specifically target skeletal muscle recovery.
- It can help to improve fertility and increase testosterone levels in men. In a study, a group of men were treated with ashwagandha. The results showed that taking ashwagandha improved their testosterone levels and increased their sperm count.
How long does it take Ashwagandha to work for anxiety?
- If you take ashwagandha daily, it will begin to positively impact you within 2 weeks. However, this depends on how often you take it and can vary amongst different people.
Is ashwagandha used for stress?
- As stated above, ashwagandha can help to treat stress and anxiety, so yes it is used for stress.
Brief History of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha is an evergreen shrub that is native to India and is used all over the world. The English name for ashwagandha is “poison gooseberry” or the “winter cherry” and the scientific name is “Withania somnifera”. Ashwagandha has been used in ayurvedic medicine for centuries and is one of the oldest herbs around.